Advertisement in the magazine
Advertising layout requirements
- The layout size is to be corresponded to the set size of an advertizing block or trim edition format considering trim tolerance equal to 5 mm.
- The file formats are as follows:
- EPS – Adobe Illustrator CS5.5 or less – the prints converted to curves, linked or built-in graphics files (CMYK color model, Grayscale – resolution 300 dpi, total ink 320%, Bitmap – resolution 600 dpi);
- PDF v1.3-1.5 – CMYK graphics, Grayscale – resolution 300 dpi, total ink 320%, Bitmap – resolution 600 dpi;
- JPEG, TIFF – (not recommended for the layouts comprising small text) - CMYK color model, Grayscale – resolution 300 dpi, total ink 320%, Bitmap – resolution 600 dpi. Compress JPEG files to the limit (12). TIFF files are processed without compression.
- The layouts processed in CDR, GIF and PNG formats are not accepted as well as in the formats designed for the page makers (Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress).
- Electronic layout requirements:
- when making up the advertising publication bleed it is required to consider the trim margins 5 mm each side;
- all significant layout elements (text, images, logo and making-up elements) are to be 5 mm distant from the trim line, not less;
- it is not advisable to apply more than two paints if using small type up to six points (6pt);
- line thickness is to be 0.25 pt, not less and thickness of the reverse lines is to be 0.5 pt, not less.
- The layouts are sent via email, FTP server or sharing service as well as CD±R, CD±RW, DVD±R, and DVD±RW.
If you do not have a finished layout we might recommend you a designer who would help you to develop it. All payments are discussed with a designer.